Monday, April 16, 2012

Almost Uruguay!



Me - half in Brazil and half in Uruguay

Map of Livramento. My area is in the upper middle, Planalto. ITS HUGE!

Elder Hormazabal and I


Greetings from (almost) Uruguay!

So the arriving group this week was 3 guys from Chile, a guy from Cape
Verde (the first on our mission from the respective countries), and a
Brazilian and an American.
AAAAAnnnnnndddd... I am training one of the guys from Chile! Sweet!
Elder Hormazabal is from Vina del Mar in Chile. It's like an hour and a
half from Santiago, the capital. I'm pretty excited because now for
sure I'm going to be able to be fluent in Spanish before I get home.

When I passed through Santa Maria to pick up my comp and do the n
ewbie training and stuff, I was able to stop by some of my
converts here in Santa Maria, and they are all doing awesome.
Alexandre and Luciana said that when they get older they want to
serve a mission as a couple!

This week, since we are both brand new in the area and know nothing,
we spent a lot of time visiting the members, getting to know them, and
offering to serve them in any form. We have one baptismal date marked,
for a kid named David, for this next week, he is a good kid. His mom
is an inactive member, and he also lives with his aunt who is a
very active member, and he has been reading the Book of Mormon a lot.
I'm excited to be on the border again (A Fronteira, the word is cooler
in Portuguese).

It has been kind of weird to see a few parts of the city that I
remember from a year and a half ago. But it's cool.
Our area is absolutely gigantic. We have got a lot of work to do here.
Elder Hormazabal is a great guy. He was baptized at 16, and is the
only member of his family. Before being baptized, he had started
studying to be a Padre.
Well, I hope you are all doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment