Monday, March 26, 2012

Surprise New Companion

This week was a fairly normal week. We have been working, but we haven't
had much success in finding super good new investigators. We have
taught lots of people, but none that like made me super exited that
are for sure going to get baptized in the next 3 weeks.

On Thursday, for some reason, I was just dead tired, but I was able to persevere.
On Friday morning we got a call from Elder Menk saying that Elder
Nunes would get transferred to Santa Maria, and that Elder Andrade
would be my new companion. It was a little strange, given that it was
in the middle of the 6 week transfer period, and so my theory is that
President did it so that I could show the area to Elder Andrade for 2
weeks, and then I will get transferred on the actual transfer. And so
then Saturday morning we switched and I am here now with Elder
Andrade.

Elder Andrade is from Maranhão, which is a state up in the
northeast. He is friends with another Elder on the mission that Elder
Black trained, named Elder Jannsen (I did a division with him last
month). As a matter of fact, this Elder Jannsen is actually his (Elder
Andade´s) engaged brother -in -law, haha, and they ended up serving on
the same mission, cool right?
Elder Andrade is a really good missionary. He is from the same group
as Elder Menk. Elder Andrade has been bringing a lot of new ideas to
the work here which is really good.
Idon´t really have a whole lot to write this week. I hope you are all
doing awesome and that kind of stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment