Friday, November 4, 2011

Day of the Dead


This last week we got 8 investigators to church. So that was really good. Including Alexandre and Luciana. They are way good. We taught them with the new 2nd counselor of the Bishopric this week. It was really good. They have been reading the Book of Mormon, and are feeling the Holy Ghost a ton in their lives! They are going to be such an awesome couple in the church!
Other fun things I forgot to mention, Elder Black got transfered and is now here in my District! Pretty cool huh?!
We had a special experience with a woman named Diva. We knocked on her door and she said that she was having a very tough time. In the past few years both her husband and daughter had died. We asked if we could come in and share a message of comfort. We went in, shared a few quick scriptures, and then told her that we had another message about the Plan of Salvation, that talked about the purpose of life, and where we go afterward. She said, ´´you boys will come back and tell me this!´´.

The 2nd of November was Day of the Dead here. Everybody goes to the cemetery and remembers their reletives who have passed away. So we put up a table and stuff by the cemetery and gave out a ton of pamphlets of the Plan of Salvation. You can se a bit in the picture.

Other fun fact - I finished the Book of Mormon in Portugues for the second time, and I now started reading in SPANISH. I just got past Lehi´s dream. It's going pretty well. I´m understanding basically all of it.
Most of my youth, I have always thought it would be cool to be part of some sort of epic battle, something of the type of Lord of the Rings. But more and more recently I have been realizing how real the spiritual battle that is going on is, and how real my part is in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment