Monday, February 28, 2011

Cruz Alta



"We decided to try to take pictures like the first presidency"






















Cruz Alta! (that means tall cross... or high cross. It's the same thing in Portugeish)















This was in Quarai. It's an Armidillo tail and claw. It smelt really bad.

"Well I'm finally in another city! Cruz Alta. Yes, and like mom said, it is quite on the other side of the mission - more or less an 8 hour bus ride. Cruz Alta is a much bigger city. There are 4 wards here. The ward I'm in now is apparently one of the best in the mission. There are 4 of us missionaries in this ward, Me, my companion Elder Neves, and the Zone Leaders, with whom we live, Elder Wiscomb (who was Executive secretary before my friend and roomate from the mtc Elder Jones), and Elder Ball, who also served in Quarai, in the same area I was in until a week ago. They are way cool guys, I'm quite exited.
Being transferred was cool. I stayed in the house of the secretary's the night I got transferred. It was quite interesting getting there. I got to Santa Maria (alone!) at 1 in the morning, and only had 10 reais to pay for taxi, I got in, and as I feared, the meter reached 10 before we got there. I told the guy I didn't have any more money, got out, asked him directions, and walked the rest of the way alone, in the rain in the middle of the night. I prayed that I would both find the place, and not die. Haha - quite an adventure.
Leaving Quarai after so much time there was cool, and it is good to know that I had a positive effect there. While I didn't baptize much there, right now, both companionships there are teaching people that will be baptized, that I started to teach.
It was funny, there at the secretary's house, that's where everyone stays who is getting transferred, and also the people going home. This one guy, in the morning, Elder Tebatini, was saying, "If everything goes right today, if everything goes right. I will kiss today!" Hahaha. So funny - those guys! It was cool to stay in Santa Maria for half a day. I got to hang out a bit with Elder Jones, my roomate from the MTC who is secretary. Also I got to talk to Elder Black briefly on the phone. He is now training.
I'm quite exited about being here in Cruz Alta. It's gonna be good.

Have a good week!"

No comments:

Post a Comment