Monday, December 20, 2010

Feliz Natal pra vocés!

"I believe I would have to say, that if I have learned one thing so far in these 5 months, it is how totally super awesome The Book of Mormon is. I just could not describe it. I just wish everyone in the world would start reading it every day. I'm currently on Alma 45 in Portugues, and also in Corintians in the Novo Testamento. But The Book of Mormon is just so much more aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawesome.

We have really been trying to focus more in doing lessons with members. As I see it, it is the only way we are going to have success. We have been teaching a bajillion lessons a week, but it is impossible to get people to church, the people here are just a bit lazy in general. Half of the inactive members don't even show up for the first hour of class (we have that flipped schedule here where we have sacrament meeting last).
But anyway, what we really need to do, is make every investigator a friend with someone, and have that someone stop by their house Sunday morning.

This week should be interesting. I'm not sure what we will do Christmas Eve and Christmas. We are supposed to be working, but I don't know who is going to want us in their house. Well, we'll see.
I found out something interesting this week. Quarai has the most members per capita in all of Brazil. Wow. And we just have 4 branches here. As I said, there are a LOT of inactives!"

No comments:

Post a Comment